How to Apply
- First of all, before committing to the European Voluntary Service (EVS), ask yourself these questions:
- What is my personal motivation? This will support your inner drive while completing your project.
- Which area do I want to commit to? We all have personal interests, so be realistic and honest with yourself.
- How long am I ready to commit myself for? (This includes finding the project, preparation, administration, training, the service itself and follow-up)
- How much time do I have?
- find sending organisation – in the official database of accredited organisations (SCI Hellas is one of them) – so feel free to contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
- fill in an online questionnaire (put the link)
- arrange meeting with EVS coordinator - get to know SCI Hellas, learn about EVS, ask questions
- become active volunteer of SCI Hellas
- set up you mind and choose your selection criteria
- search for projects in the database
- apply for projects
- follow the selection procedure of hosting organisation
- wait for approval of national agency about funding of the project (3-4 months)
- communicate with SO and HO to prepare everything
- participate in pre-departure training organised by SO
There is also many other ways how the process can look like, for example you can find a project that is already approved so you don't have to wait for the approval of national agency, but this is the most complete and typical procedure.